Student Support Services
Through a grant competition, funds are awarded to institutions of higher education to provide opportunities for academic development, assist students with basic college requirements, and to motivate students toward the successful completion of their postsecondary education. The goal of SSS is to increase the college retention and graduation rates of its participants.
Student Support Services (SSS) is a federally funded TRiO program. It provides opportunities for academic development, assists students in meeting basic college requirements, and serves to motivate students towards the successful completion of their postsecondary education.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
Montana Tech students who are:
- Enrolled in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematical (STEM) discipline:
- All Engineering Programs
- Biological Sciences
- Computer Science
- Mathematical Sciences
- Software Engineering
- A citizen or legal resident of the United States.
- If your parents never received bachelor’s degrees, if you are receiving a pell grant, or have documented disability.
HOW CAN STUDENT SUPPORT SERVICES ASSIST YOU?
- Summer college preparation programs for incoming freshmen
- Guidance in academic, personal, and career goals
- Tutoring and study groups
- Assist in setting and attaining academic goals
- Time management and organizational skills
Career Awareness through:
- Interest Inventory
- Goal Setting
- STEM Field Trips
- Interview Skills
- Resume Development
- Graduate School Applications
Assist with Scholarship applications
Assist with undergraduate research opportunities
Career Services information at Tech
Counseling at Tech
Apply for student loans, Pell grants, and work study funds here at the official site.
You can retrieve your student loan information here.
Or you can contact Schylar Canfield-Baber for more information.
MEET OUR STUDENT MENTORS
STUDENT OF THE MONTH