Nominations from teachers is open and are due December 16, 2016. To nominate students, please select the teacher option and complete the Nomination Form.
Research papers, registration forms, and travel award applications are due by January 9, 2017.
- Registration Form for ALL IJSHS participants. Click here to nominate and register.
- Student Registration Form - additional information
*Please note that while we strive to include all interested students, preference will be given to those who submit research papers. Students wishing to attend as observers must submit a short essay (max. 250 words in .doc, .docx, or .pdf format) addressing the following:
- Your specific interests in science, technology, engineering, and/or math;
- How attending the IJSHS as an observer will benefit you;
- What you hope to learn and experience at the IJSHS.
Please email abstracts, research papers and observer essays to Tammy at email@example.com in .doc, .docx, or .pdf format. Please see:
- IJSHS General Guidelines & Tips for research paper requirements and general symposium information.
Teachers will be notified of students’ presentation status (competitive oral presentation or non-competitive poster session) and travel award no later than February 10, 2017.
Registration Cost & Parental Consent Form
Registration cost is $40 per participant (students and teachers). This fee covers food, lodging, and all IJSHS activities. Guests who are not teachers or official chaperones who intend to participate in IJSHS activities must pay a registration fee of $250. Due to space limitations, guests must obtain permission from the IJSHS Director.
Checks for registration fees and parental consent forms must be postmarked by February 10, 2017. Please make checks payable to 'Montana Tech' and mail to:
Montana Tech Institute for Educational Opportunities
1300 W. Park Street
Butte, MT, 59701
Travel and Lodging
Teachers and designated chaperones may apply for funding to support travel to the IJSHS. To apply:
- Complete the Travel Accommodations Form to attend IJSHS by January 9, 2017. Travel assistance will be determined by funding availability and demonstration of coordination with other school(s)/teacher(s) and number of students attending the IJSHS. It may not be possible to award a full travel reimbursement, but we hope to offset some of the costs of transportation to the IJSHS. We will notify you of your travel assistance award status no later than February 10, 2017. Chaperones/teachers/schools must then submit a W-9 form in order to be reimbursed.
IJSHS will cover lodging costs and make hotel reservations.
- Teachers/chaperones: when completing the lodging information on the Travel Accommodations Form for IJSHS, please list students who will room together and list a roommate preference for yourself if applicable. Teachers can plan to room with another teacher of the same gender. We will do our best to accommodate roommate requests. Teachers and chaperones requesting a private room, or who are bringing a spouse, must pay an additional $100 for this option and include this fee with registration fees postmarked by February 1, 2017.